Our Chinese New Years Banquet is a celebration of everything that has been accomplished throughout the year and it also signals the beginning of a brand new year. No matter where our journey has taken us this is a time where we all meet and come together as fellow students, friends, family and community.
We plan, organize and practice, practice, practice until finally the big day has arrived. After all those months of practice and preparation it is amazing though how quickly the banquet is over and done. I am grateful for the opportunity to work along side of everyone that comes out to help set up during the day and I enjoy the set up almost as much as the event itself.
Congratulations to Sifu Melanie Beckett and to Sifu Rybak as well as all the students that received awards this year. I am proud to be a member of Silent River Kung Fu and look forward to seeing where my journey will take me during the Year of the Dog!
Happy New Year!
Michele Ward
Saturday, 17 February 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Expanding my Training
Collaboration and working together is what comes to mind when I think about this past week. I feel a deep sense of appreciation and gratitud...
-
This week has been about introducing a bit more structure and routine into my life, in a way that pushes me to some degree but also makes se...
-
Currently life feels a bit like a record skipping and playing the same loop over and over. I’m stuck and I’m struggling is on repeat. Also m...
-
On one hand, I’ve got a list of team requirements and personal goals to take care of each day. And lately they are not getting done the way ...
No comments:
Post a Comment