During my one-on-one with Sifu Brinker this week there was a brief moment in our conversation where my mind wandered off and I felt a glimmer, that was both inspiring and exciting. It was a tiny yet powerful message that poked through the cobwebs of my brain mid conversation before coming back to the moment.
Yes, there’s definitely some ego attached to that message. I believe though there are times where ego can be positive and play an important role, especially when healthy motivation is a result. Knowing that ego is a factor also provides opportunity for me to become more aware and continue to work on and manage my ego. And this is also where humility can grow as well.
I feel a renewed sense of engagement, motivation and excitement that has been missing these past few months from my training. Moving forward doesn't happen without time, effort and at least some intention. So I'm very aware this tiny yet powerful message and feeling I received came about because I continue to practice mindfulness, I've put in consistent effort regardless of how I'm feeling during these months of struggle and I seek out information and answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment