It’s Sunday morning and my mind is blank and I have no idea what to write. This is not new as the past few weeks have been a struggle when it comes to blogging. It feels like much more effort is required lately when it comes to sorting out my thoughts and putting everything into words that make sense. But it’s also been worth the effort.
So here I am again feeling the pressure to gather my thoughts, and experiences. I do it though because blogging matters as it gives meaning and value to my week. Without it the week is gone and forgotten. The act of gathering my thoughts and reflecting helps me to be more present and a more active participant in life. I gain clarity and insight that helps to guide me forward making everything worthwhile even when I'm struggling.
And so I began the process of going back through the week, thinking about the one on ones, black belt class, tai chi class, and all the training I’ve done throughout the week. Before I got through the whole week, there was a thought that popped into my head and I know it is one that has been repeating lately.
The thought is - 'wheels are falling off. This is something that we all experience from time to time as we train. It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last, but I've been feeling this a lot lately. I would hope much of this is a temporary situation and is due to the fact that I’m learning and expanding my knowledge and skill.
Tai Chi is where I notice it the most. Technique isn't feeling as good and flow is suffering. I think part of this is due to digging deeper and developing more intent as I practice and move through the form. So a few wheels falling off could be a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment